Dr. Francis Johns is a Plastic Surgeon who is Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons. His unique education and training brings a special perspective to the art and science of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Having studied both dentistry and medicine as well as training in both Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Plastic Surgery, he has a comprehensive understanding of both the skeletal framework and the soft tissue structures of the face. Fewer than fifty Plastic Surgeons in the United States have this unique background. These qualifications enable him to more thoroughly evaluate each patient in order to create individualized solutions to their aesthetic concerns. Additionally, Dr. Johns has strong interests and experience in breast surgery and body contouring surgery.
Dr. Johns is originally from the Pittsburgh area. He graduated as Valedictorian from Penn Hills Senior High School. During high school, he played football and wrestled and was recognized by “Who's Who among Student-Athletes” on the national level. He received an athletic/academic scholarship to Geneva College where he played football. He transferred to the University of Pittsburgh where he received his B.S. degree in pre-medicine. He graduated Suma Cum Laude and was inducted into the Golden Key Honor Society.
Dr. Johns received his D.M.D. degree from the university of Pittsburgh school of Dental Medicine. He graduated as Valedictorian of his class and was inducted into the selective Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Society. Following dental school he received his M.D. degree from the University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine. He graduated with honors and was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Society.
Dr. Johns then completed a residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. During this residency, he received the first place award in the Straumann Resident Research National Competition for two consecutive years. Following this, he completed additional prerequisite training in General Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Dr. Johns then completed a full residency training program in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the prestigious University of Virginia Health Center in Charlottesville, Virginia. While there he received the first place award in the Virginia American College of Surgeons Research Competition for his work in breast reconstruction. All together, Dr. Johns has over 20 publications to his credit.
- M.D. – University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- D.M.D. – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
- B.S. – University of Pittsburgh
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – University of Virginia Health Center
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Prerequisite General Surgery – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Ivey Society
- Greater Pittsburgh Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Latrobe Academy of Medicine
- Westmoreland County Medical Society
- Ohio Valley Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Westmoreland Regional Hospital
- Latrobe Area Hospital
- UPMC Passavant-Cranberry Hospital
- Forbes Regional Hospital
- UPMC Monroeville Surgery Center
3824 Northern Pike, Suite 100
Monroeville, Pennsylvania 15146
6154 Route 30, Suite 100
Greensburg, Pennsylvania 15601